Workshops

USING MASKING FLUID WORKSHOP REPORT

Dear Members and Followers,



The Calliart workshop on 2 April was a fun afternoon using masking fluid, which is sometimes called resist.  After an introduction I demonstrated how to write with the masking fluid, which I allowed to dry before applying a wash of watercolour and then, when the paint had dried, removing the resist with my finger tip.  Then it was time for all participants to play.  I encouraged students to do all their resist writing first, reminding them to rinse their nibs frequently and then thoroughly cleaning their nibs when they had finished writing.  The results were lovely and varied, with some students concentrating on single words while others used their resist letters as background and wrote over them with ink.  Using Coleus leaves dipped in paint and then stamped onto the work before removing the resist proved very popular with some students.  I hope all participants had as much fun doing this workshop as I had tutoring it.
Glenis


No comments:

Post a Comment