Feeling creative? Then channel your calligraphic talents in another direction and create some monograms, for you, the family and friends.
A monogram is a combination of two or more letters, in which one letter forms part of another and cannot be separated from the whole image. Monograms are used for ornamentation as a mark of ownership by a private person, Company or as a Trade Mark. A monogram is a very useful for identifying your hand made articles such as book plates, bookmarks, cards etc. The Calliart workshop will cover how to incorporate Initials into a pleasing design using different techniques giving a clear image that can be reduced to small scale without losing clarity.
Tutor: Valerie Keevers
When: 12 May 2018
Time: 1pm to 4pm
Where: Sylvania Community Hall, Canberra Rd, Sylvania (aka Gwawley Bay Soccer Club)
You will need:
· Pencil, Eraser, Ruler, Sharpener.
· Geometry Compass (Optional)
· Bleed proof Practice Pad.
· Tracing Paper.
· Black Ink or paint.
· Fine paint Brush,
· Palette and 2 Water Jars.
· 1-piece A5 Watercolour paper.
· Coloured pencils, Paints etc. if you want to add coloured decoration.
· Magnifying Glass or Magnifying Glasses if you have them. Do Not buy them especially.
|Calligraphy Southscribes, Inc. proudly supported by Sutherland Shire Council.|