Our next calliarts is something new for us, we are looking at Egyptian Block Lettering with Valerie Keevers.
Egyptian Block lettering is the Roman style block print used by Ticket Writers and Show Card Writers before computers. The block letters were used for advertising in Newspapers, Sale cards in shops, shop window advertising and large posters etc. It is not used as much today as computer fonts have taken over the advertising, however is a useful skill to have in your calligraphic tool box.
- A3 or A4 practice pad.
- A4 hot press piece of Watercolour paper.
- A sharp pencil, a ruler and eraser.
- A piece of A4 tracing paper.
- Watercolour paint, or watercolour pencils, or Gouache.
- Couple of fine pointed brushes.
- A fine liner pen
The cost for the afternoon is $10.00 from 1pm to 4pm 14 July 2018.
Sylvania Community Hall - Canberra Road, Sylvania
|Calligraphy Southscribes, Inc. is proudly supported by Sutherland Shire Council.|